Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unhappy cook  (Read 593 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Unhappy cook
« on: January 15, 2012, 07:53:49 am »

My grandmaster chef cook keeps getting unhappy thoughts if someone eats the last of a stack of masterwork roasts (a masterwork item of ... is lost). I've been trading away a lot of the smaller stacks to prevent this, but the caravans are just not bringing enough things of value.

Since he has so many masterwork products, the net effect is very small, but it's worrying that he gets angry from people eating his meals
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Unhappy cook
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 07:57:58 am »

Unhappy thoughts don't stack, so just let him meet the legendary dining room councillor or something ;P

Also, it's a bug :|

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Unhappy cook
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:41:33 am »

Cooks do not get unhappy thoughts from having masterwork meals eaten.  If you're getting messages that a masterwork cooked meal has been lost, it means the meal rotted, or was eaten by vermin or otherwise destroyed.  Make sure that your food stockpile has enough space for all the prepared meals you're creating, so they aren't rotting in the kitchen.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.