Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ordering rough gems from caravans  (Read 571 times)

Crandal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ordering rough gems from caravans
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:31:50 pm »

I've been trying to get my dwarves ordering rough gems from the caravan, but it seems the option to do so is not there.  There's cut small gems, cut large gems, but no rough gem option.  The Magmawiki states that you can get rough gems from the caravan, so am I just not looking hard enough, or is there really no option to order them?

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ordering rough gems from caravans
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »

I've been trying to get my dwarves ordering rough gems from the caravan, but it seems the option to do so is not there.  There's cut small gems, cut large gems, but no rough gem option.  The Magmawiki states that you can get rough gems from the caravan, so am I just not looking hard enough, or is there really no option to order them?

I don't entirely understand. Have you already purchased the gems? Or are they owned by the traders?
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Crandal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47:43 pm »

Sorry.  I'm talking about ordering them from the Trade Liaison for the next year.  I want to import rough gems but I can't find the option to do so.  I was wondering if that's normal, or if I was missing something.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:48:39 pm »

I've never seen rough gems offered by a trade caravan, nor have I seen them listed in the trade request.  I don't think that you can get them from a caravan at all.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Crandal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:52:31 pm »

I recall buying them off a caravan, I think.  Oh well.  Thanks for the answers everyone.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:42:00 pm »

I never seen rough gems in caravan. Cut small gems are fine in most cases. If you do need rough gems, you can order sand or glass.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 09:57:56 pm »

The only "rough gems" you can order from caravans are raw glass.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.