Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forge Submenu: List aviable metals for metal clothing  (Read 862 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Forge Submenu: List aviable metals for metal clothing
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:50:34 am »

I did use the serach function, did not find a mention of this, and although I fear the wrath of the mighty footkerchief I will post it.

Everyone knows the forge. You can select an item type to be made, then a metal, then the specific item. Like this: Weapon, Steel, Battle Axe.

The metal clothing menu is lacking the metal selection. Is is simply: Metal clothing, item. This is no problem in an unmodded DF, with only one metal being aviable for clothing, but it gets anoying when you make other metals aviable. Gold and Silver thread are realistic, but clog up the entire menu. A simple change, the addition of the missing: Metal type selection would remedy that.

I know this is an extremely minor thing, but it is also extremely easily fixable.

Thanks for listening,
a modder who wants metal clothing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Forge Submenu: List aviable metals for metal clothing
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 04:56:52 pm »

Isn't gold and silver essentially a very malleable and heavy metal that would break at the slightest scratch?

And isn't candy a magic light and strong metal? :S

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forge Submenu: List aviable metals for metal clothing
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:41:38 pm »

He made a mod with lots of stuff, including new metals, and something similar to bluemetal.
Don't custom stockpiles next to workshops work for selecting materials, tough? IIRC after I made marble dumps next to masons and mechanics workshops, I got lots of stuff made of flux.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral