Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attend meeting...  (Read 345 times)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Attend meeting...
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:12:02 pm »

I've got a dwarf that's trying to do an "attend meeting" job, which I assume means he's trying to talk to the expedition leader. The thing is, that dwarf is a "prisoner" and I have him isolated from my other dwarves, the expedition leader being one of them. And so now this dwarf that is trying to attend a meeting is standing the worst possible spot and interfering with my plans. How do I stop him from trying to attend a meeting?
Feeling down? Click Here!

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
Re: Attend meeting...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:39:24 pm »

When you say "prisoner" is he actually locked in a cage or chained up somewhere? Why do you need to keep him isolated?

You could pick some expendable dwarf, temporarily make hir the expedition leader, set up an office near the prisoner, let the meeting happen, and then isolate both of them.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:54:21 pm »

Changing the expedition leaders worked nicely, his job just disappeared, thanks :)

I'm trying to treat all new immigrants as prisoners, and to prevent any of my original 7 "wardens" from getting emotionally attached to any of the prisoners I'm keeping them isolated from each other.
Feeling down? Click Here!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:03:16 pm »

That's evil, and aweshums at the same time. But why not introduce them? Try to find Dorfs with opposite personalities and make them grudge each other, that way your wardens will be happy when the migrants die >:D