Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayor McCheesy  (Read 1196 times)

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mayor McCheesy
« on: January 09, 2012, 10:47:19 pm »

Do statues/artifacts etc. have an affect on mandates? I've been getting a lot of cheesemakers in my fort and my mayor has recently mandated the production of cheese. And then I happened to notice this in his office:

Are my dwarves trying to tell me something?
Playing since 2007

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
Re: Mayor McCheesy
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 10:51:06 pm »

get a doctor with legendary misc. object using and a piece of cheese.
that should cure his liking.

if not, produce the cheese as said.
if not, install a lever in his room
if not, engrave some cheese surrounded by cheese and with an engraving of that cheese on itself
if not, make your mayor part of the militia and send him to hunt giant capybaras
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:40 pm »

Crafter (Engraver) dwarves do seem to notice other dwarves' preferences, or at least for their mayor. Mine likes animal traps--I have a figurine of him "admiring the animal traps."
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:12:31 pm »

I've actually had a fort that only engraved cheese. Everything looked like cheese. The symbol for their civ was cheese -_-

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:33 am »

Crafter (Engraver) dwarves do seem to notice other dwarves' preferences, or at least for their mayor. Mine likes animal traps--I have a figurine of him "admiring the animal traps."

There's a statue somewhere of my toad-detesting ex-mayor surrounded by toads and frightened.

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:28 am »

That's probably it. I guess they noticed that he had a thing for cheese! This game keeps surprising me, even after 5 years !!
Playing since 2007

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 10:42:37 am »

What's also entertaining is when they draw images of the mayor surrounded by things he doesn't like... I have so many gold statues of my old mayor surrounded by toads, it's ridiculous.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 03:00:19 pm »

What's also entertaining is when they draw images of the mayor surrounded by things he doesn't like... I have so many gold statues of my old mayor surrounded by toads, it's ridiculous.

I'm guessing one of your more prolific engraversmetalcrafters had a grudge against him.

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 06:33:33 pm »

Ah well. It was too late. I didn't make the cheese fast enough. He arrested the cheesemaker and tied him up in his office. Then watched him slowly dehydrate and die of thirst. Talk about a sadistic cheese-hungry mayor
Playing since 2007