Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engrave  (Read 293 times)

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Engrave
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:02:04 am »

This is most likely a horrible question but how do i get engraving up? i see people talking about it and engraving amazing things into the wall but i have no idea how to work it in the slightest

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Engrave
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 11:06:58 am »

You can only engrave natural smoothed rock walls (Not contructed ones). To smooth a wall go to the designations menu (d) then press "s" and select the area of natural rock to be smoothed, to engrave the wall you must go to the designation menu and select engrave "v" and select the wall to be engraved.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

ninjabear53

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:08:48 am »

stupid reply but i cant do it to walls that i build right? witch is lameish

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:20 pm »

Correct. You only can engrave natural walls, and you need to smooth them first before you can engrave them.

As to the quality: Skill doesn't matter for smoothing, it only speeds the process up. For engraving however, a high skill will highly increase the value of the engraving and add a lot of value to the wall! Make sure to let engrave your best engravers only, unless the place isn't that important for you.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.