Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Story of Attackriddles (Community)  (Read 813 times)

Da Funk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Story of Attackriddles (Community)
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:56:05 pm »

Journal excerpts from Jameson, 251 late-winter:

Well, this is it. I feared that some day it would come to this, yet unfourtunately we have drained out the last of our supplies. What little we have left won't do us much good where we stand. All the other dwarves care about is the booze, but sooner or later that'll run dry as well, then'll they will learn the art on conservation.

But, none of that matters at the moment, for as I write this we have left our original settlement and begun our journey eastward. Our goal, to carve out a fortress in the mountainside and reap the land for all it's worth. It's practically suicide, but it's the only option left.

The 7 of us recently stopped our wagon when we spotted a cliff to the east. Around it were many trees and plants and a few good sources of water, one of which was a very nice brook where one could get good drinking water. We gathered amongst ourselves to declare this hill the spot of our fortress. we also decided upon a name for the place, based purely upon how cool the name sounded to us at the time, "Attackriddles."

It's now or never for us 7. Let's make it count.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, I'm Da funk, and this'll be my first Community fort for Dwarf Fortress. First, to get some things out of the way, I am in no way a Dwarf Fortress expert, I'm just a guy who got into the game and felt it'd be fun to do this kind of thing. Secondly, I'll be more then happy to dorf anyone who asks, although be aware that I may name dwarves on my own if I feel they've done something awesome. Ideas on what I should do are also welcome.

As for progress on the fort itself, I'm still on late-autumn of the first year, and the year won't have any dates for specific events (not like anything cool is happenning anyways), but will once the second year starts most probably.

That's about it. Let's do this!  :D

Da Funk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of Attackriddles (Community)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:18:46 pm »

Journal Excerpt: Early Spring

Well, that's just great. We haven't even dug out a single hole in the land and we've already made a fatal error.

It seems that, in our haste to get going, we forget to include a wood-cutter in our ranks. I realized this when I ordered a few trees to be chopped and all the other dwarves just shrugged me off and went back to their drinks. No beds for you guys, then.

As for the land itself, it's not much to look at. There's not a whole lot of choice in where to dig. Luckily, we managed to find a spot easily reachable from our current location. And so me and my miner buddy dug us an entryway into the hill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after some more mining, we've managed to build ourselves a little room in the hill. I would have liked to build a more organized meeting room, but it appears I'll be having more important things to worry about. If anything we should be okay in terms of mining shit out. We've also got really small stockpiles of our wagon stuff in here. We'll probably need to expand it, this doesn't feel like enough at the moment.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:27:15 pm »

ooh, Methinks I may be dorfed.

I pretty much had the exact same thought train when I made my community fortress, (which is still young) so I can relate.

By the way, methinks is a word recognized by spellcheck, yet spellcheck is not. (Yes, the word 'spellcheck' is not a word. Just to clarify.)

Da Funk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:50:38 pm »

ooh, Methinks I may be dorfed.

I pretty much had the exact same thought train when I made my community fortress, (which is still young) so I can relate.

By the way, methinks is a word recognized by spellcheck, yet spellcheck is not. (Yes, the word 'spellcheck' is not a word. Just to clarify.)

Lol, you learn something new every day xD. I'll get to dorfing you if I haven't managed to make all my dwarves die by the time I get around to it.