Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My Dwarves Are Busy  (Read 2472 times)

SirFellfire

• Bay Watcher
  • Update Stockpile Records
    • View Profile
Re: My Dwarves Are Busy
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 05:38:41 pm »

borrow them on a isolated mini-fort with nice dining hall (allow it to be a meeting area so they PARTY LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!), a craftdorf workshop for moods, a safe well (one that gets it's water from a body of water with no nasties on it), ennough food to last for 12 years and good bedrooms. when you seal neverland off the world keep playing like the vault dwellers weren't even there in the first place. when disaster hits your fort DUCK AND COVER! LET THE CHILDREN OF TODAY BE THE DORFS OF TOMORROW

BONUS POINTS: design the fort with exciting features to avoid boredom via !!FUN!! and !!SCIENCE!! Remember, THE VAULTS WERE NEVER MEANT TO SAVE ANYONE  :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:51:45 pm by SirFellfire »
I recorded happiness levels, pulled the lever and recorded them again.
Also, Aussie Evil is doing fine. He's taken a lover recently. Everyone has. This is the fortress of love.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 06:26:30 pm »

Children make expendable test subjects. You know those barrels of venom you occasionally see in trading...? Well I have an idea!

1. Buy all the barrels of various venoms you can (even bumblebee).
2. Dump all barrels onto a grate with water under it.
3. Unforbid the barrels on the grate, forbid their contents manually.
4. Make said barrels back into the trade depot.
5. Your dwarfs should have dumped the contents of the barrels through the grate, into the water.
6. Remove the grate, place a well.
7. Test the effects of children drinking a bucket full of venom.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 07:33:35 pm »

Children make expendable test subjects. You know those barrels of venom you occasionally see in trading...? Well I have an idea!

1. Buy all the barrels of various venoms you can (even bumblebee).
2. Dump all barrels onto a grate with water under it.
3. Unforbid the barrels on the grate, forbid their contents manually.
4. Make said barrels back into the trade depot.
5. Your dwarfs should have dumped the contents of the barrels through the grate, into the water.
6. Remove the grate, place a well.
7. Test the effects of children drinking a bucket full of venom.

Sadly nothing. Not even pain. I even tried this with venom coated weapons, nothing.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 07:34:37 pm »

Big farms for child labor; they'll harvest autonomously like any dwarf. Atom-smash the resulting plump helmet explosion.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 08:36:16 pm »

-snip-

Sadly nothing. Not even pain. I even tried this with venom coated weapons, nothing.
What type of venom? I was hoping for a hilarious cocktail of various venoms.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 08:46:49 pm »

-snip-

Helmet snake poison.

Haven't tried it with contact based syndromes though... Hmmm...

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 11:56:25 pm »

Put every adult in the military and station them somewhere. Burrow the children to a trap and activate it using a single unattached adult dwarf.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 12:37:14 am »

-snip-

Helmet snake poison.

Haven't tried it with contact based syndromes though... Hmmm...

That should do it, ia.

Also, a plan: There are only 50 childeren at any one time. All others are put in a hole somewhere or killed. If a child grows up, let one go free. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 12:07:36 pm »

I suppose I could try modding in a living buboe, that upon death explodes violently spraying acidic blood everywhere. That would mean I would only have to drop them on the children! Yaay!

Eyeless super soldiers for all!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 12:16:31 pm »

The Dwarven Optometry thread actually produced an elf, whose blood rots out ones eyes.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 12:17:44 pm »

The Dwarven Optometry thread actually produced an elf, whose blood rots out ones eyes.

How is this possible? O_O

Do... Want...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 01:37:08 pm »

Well I tried putting in a syndrome , since the Install I was using has elves as common domestic pack animals I decided to try and mod elf blood with a contact syndrome. It's supposed cause necrosis in the eyes of of any male dwarf that comes into contact with elf blood.(there is a typo on the swelling creature effect that i fixed prior to world gen)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I embarked with a couple of elves, dug a ptifall drop ( i doubled in depth after I noticed that it was less that lethal)

I set up a small squad and had them equip nothing but one sock each then stationed them in the splatter zone, I didn't get any result and a dragon showed up to Fu*k things up before i got a chance to retest.

I edited the raws again to make the elf entry in standard creature and common domestic were the same and I added the syndrome to the blood template in the materials templates., gened a new world (where it seems that my civ has tamed the goblins, bug?)

embarked, but for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode (i did Nothing to any of the temp values)

embarked somewhere else, same world, same raws, no explosion this time, people were nearly drowning in elf blood wearing a single sock each but still nothing.

Any Ideas?

Note the exploding elves.

SUCCESS!!!  8) (i wish i could give this emotocon a white stick)

patient zero 

I dropped the elves from a cliff through a skylight above a 3/7 pond across my entrance corridor. I noticed that if elves survived they would become infected by their own blood.(my next bout of modding evolved elf blood causing extreme pain in the area that it contacts a body part, I also modded elves to excrete elf blood from every part of their bodies which can be used for some pretty nifty disease based fortress defence traps)

This one started annoying me with it's blind meanderings and consent whining  so I made him into soap to help treat my potential siege engineers.
I forgot to embark with a surgeon so I drafted the next best thing...a clumsy woodcutter with a questionable spatial sense...who performs eye surgery with a copper battle axe...

Ironically the last thing that patient zero did before his surgery was this rather prophetic statue which now decorates the field hospital.
(he also did a statue of a dwarf embracing some alpacas but I couldn't work out the symbolism)

The surgery was going quite well, his eyes were being hacked out quite efficiently

but sadly he and all the other infected dwarfs died of dehydration when all the water on my map froze. I'm going to start a proper fort and do some science on blindness and bio-weapons soon. Thanks to all of you who contributed advice and support !

So yeah, there you go.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 01:58:39 pm »

Truly amazing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]