Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves continuing to rest after healing fully  (Read 1326 times)

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves continuing to rest after healing fully
« on: December 29, 2011, 06:10:05 pm »

Out of a 60-dwarf military, 15 seem to constantly be resting in my hospital. They refuse to get out of bed even for orders (killing or moving), and have nothing wrong with them in any of the health screens: v-w, z-h, and z-enter. They're perfectly fine and healthy, and won't get out of bed even if I remove the beds. Does anyone know how to wake them up and get them training again?
One thing I forgot to mention: I deactivated all the squads, and they still retain their military icons.
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves continuing to rest after healing fully
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »

Sometimes doctors get distracted by wayward socks, and accidentally lock hospitalised dwarfs in traction benches. Silly them.
If they are in a traction bench, de-construct it.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:31:50 pm »

They're all in beds, completely ignoring the tables and traction benches. My doctors occasionally clean and feed them, but that's it. I've also tried deconstructing the beds, to no avail.
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:46:21 pm »

Your CMD might just be lazy, and all of these Dorfs are actually half dead :|

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:26:37 am »

Reinjure them: rig a cave-in somewhere in the hospital--single tile should drop, near but not actually on any dwarves. All bed-ridden dwarves will get knocked about by the dust and rediagnosed.  It has always worked for me.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »

What if instead you removed the hospital zone?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 04:48:06 am »

Actually, no. Once a Dwarf with an injury settles into a bed they won't move, even if it isn't a hospital.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 10:27:37 am »

Actually, no. Once a Dwarf with an injury settles into a bed they won't move, even if it isn't a hospital.

You'd be surprised... I now have a legendary woodcutter with motor nerve damage... Haphazardly swinging around a great axe :S

Muffindog

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:54 am »

I had a similar problem, but it was about doctors not wanting to treat the injured dwarves. I think they were even refusing to give them food and water. I ordered the bed with the patient to be removed and after that, the injured dwarf was hauled to another bed and the doctors started taking care of them normally.

But unfortunately removing the bed doesn't help your case. I fear that a cave in treatment will be necessary.