Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recruit fills waterskin forever  (Read 586 times)

Huw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Recruit fills waterskin forever
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:08:00 am »

I have a squad of three recruits that have, until now, always worked well enough.  However, the last couple of times I've activated the squad, the leader just stays at the well - filling his waterskin apparently - and does nothing else.

He is definitely carrying a waterskin, and the skins seem to work for all the other dwarves who carry them.  I'd be glad to post other info if necessary.  Latest version, by the way.

syllogism

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recruit fills waterskin forever
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »

This may sound odd, but try removing his patrol route (x,x). Filling water skins does take way too long, however.

Huw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 03:54:00 pm »

Already tried, but thanks for the suggestion.  I've never really considered the filling of waterskins to take very long, to be honest, but these last couple of instances have been ridiculous.  I think the longest I've seen him at it has been about quarter of an hour, before I've given up on the squad.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »

Yeah, apparently the waterskin filling job has some real issues.  They probably become unhinged from their reality somehow...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

Sorry about digging this one up, but I've got a Wrestler crawling around under the weight of 1439 units of water in his water-skin.

EDIT - I've told his military unit to not carry water, and de-/re-activated the squad.  He hasn't dropped the offending water-skin, nor the water in it, but he's now racing around as normal, so it seems like the weight at least is not being considered now.  All a bit spishy.

[ November 04, 2007: Message edited by: Redd ]

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 08:08:00 am »

That is strange my hunters will fill waterskin's in a half a second. I am going to try it with my soldier's
BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

Captain Goatse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 08:41:00 am »

Simple. Never make waterskins! Soldiers will go back to the pantry and get booze. Food with backpacks works perfectly, FWIK.

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 09:24:00 am »

Well my soldiers never had a problem filling there waterskins
BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

TheTerminator97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://asdasdasd
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 12:49:00 pm »

guys this thread is old as hell the problem has been fixed.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 01:00:00 pm »

Except for Redd's problem, of course.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 01:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Redd:
<STRONG>Sorry about digging this one up, but I've got a Wrestler crawling around under the weight of 1439 units of water in his water-skin.

EDIT - I've told his military unit to not carry water, and de-/re-activated the squad.  He hasn't dropped the offending water-skin, nor the water in it, but he's now racing around as normal, so it seems like the weight at least is not being considered now.  All a bit spishy.

[ November 04, 2007: Message edited by: Redd ]</STRONG>

Quoting to highlight the new post/new issue since it seems to be getting lost.  ROTFL...that's priceless.  "Oh, that's too heavy?  Fine.  Pretend you're not carrying it anymore."

DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"