Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 556 times)

TheShotgunSurgeon

• Bay Watcher
  • The milker has lached on firmly to the dragon!
    • View Profile
HELP!
« on: December 20, 2011, 12:58:20 am »

There is this old game called dark reign 2, I played this game to death when it came out.
Any-who eventually I got bored with it and I forgot about it.
8 odd years later I find it in my draws and try to install it but windows 7 says NAOW, and I cant play it :/
Buuuut now I found a website called GOG.com and those chaps made the game compatible for Windows 7 and mac bla bla bla, and you can buy the whole game for $3 bucks and digitally own it.
But that is not why I am making this thread, I need to know if anyone knows how to get the multiplayer working.
If you cant if someone coded a program or some shit I would be so grateful, I would honestly pay them as I REALLY want to play multilayer on this game.
Marble Hornets- Been Creepin the F*K outa people since 09'

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 01:31:05 am »

It would probably help if you elaborated a little.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:48:55 am »

Dark reign... blazes if I actually know how the multiplayer works, but if it can run LAN, you might be able to get something going via Hamachi or something similar. Don't remember what options that particular game has, s'far as that junk goes.

Haven't actually been arsed to get hamachi functioning, so I can't help you on particulars, but it could be an option.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:55:24 am »

Oh man. The base game and expansion... I've got an original CD, but could never get my expansion to work with it. It would be worth paying again for ease of use.

In any case, check over here. I don't know if you have to use the version hosted on the site, but they do have a server up, a wiki, and a forum (that used to work but now reports errors).