Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you guys like to see for prizes in my upcoming giveaway?

Any one game from a digital distributor(Steam, Gamersgate, Origin, etc)   5 Winners
- 11 (16.7%)
$250 Giftcard to an online merchant(Amazon, NewEgg, etc.)                     1 Winner
- 3 (4.5%)
Copy of an Indie game of your choice(up to $25)                                      10 Winners
- 47 (71.2%)
Creative Fatality gamer headset or Similarly priced speakers                     4 Winners
- 2 (3%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)
I'm sick of your giveaways, please shut up.
- 3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: April 01, 2012, 12:27:45 pm

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Giveaway prize poll[Gaming related]  (Read 1920 times)

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giveaway prize poll[Gaming related]
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 08:51:07 pm »

I'm always amazed by your apparent generosity.  Or at least your management.  Have all of these contests of yours come out of your own pocket or are you getting money from someplace for these?

Regardless, I think what you've done is fantastic.  I would vote for the indie games just to give them the attention they deserve.  Especially true since DF has been reaching wider audiences in recent times.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:51 pm »

If hemmingjay turns out to be Ellwood Bartlett I won't know whether to laugh or cry. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »

Voted on the Indie option. I like to support Indie dev's, plus more winners. You just can't go wrong there.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 09:35:38 pm »

I'm always amazed by your apparent generosity.  Or at least your management.  Have all of these contests of yours come out of your own pocket or are you getting money from someplace for these?

Regardless, I think what you've done is fantastic.  I would vote for the indie games just to give them the attention they deserve.  Especially true since DF has been reaching wider audiences in recent times.

I always let people know if the contest is sponsored. Sometimes devs donate copies, but most of the time it comes out of my pocket. I guess you could call it a hobby. I do some marketing work in the real world too, so sometimes I inadvertently market the giveaways. No harm no foul I hope.

And no, it's not a joke, but I am not sure if the contest starts on monday or a week from monday. I am waiting to hear back from a potential donator of more prizes.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 09:43:28 pm »

Well in my opinion the price should relate to the target audience of what you want to promote, if you intend to do it here, as you can see in the poll indie games should be ok, if its for gamers in general id say go for something steam related (some kind of new "cool" game), if its for hardcore gamers maybe a "pro" mouse/keyboard whatever, and if its not related to gaming the gift card.

Anyways good luck with this, and thanks a lot!

Pages: 1 [2]