Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves on Hunger Strike  (Read 1067 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Dwarves on Hunger Strike
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 04:46:47 pm »

Found the problem.  Your main staircase is broken.  The stairs on the Z-level with the food are all upward staircases.  They need to be up/down staircases in order to connect to the up/down stair below them.  Also, your dwarves are all miserable and starving, and some seem to have gone insane already.  This fort's in really bad shape.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 05:07:51 pm »

Yeah I just worked it out, I build some up-stairs on top of the down stairs on the first level and this somehow blocked the staircase. Looks like Im in the middle of a tantrum spiral lol... oh well....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 08:56:43 pm »

Well, you had Fun. And, more importantly, you know. And knowing is half the battle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 07:02:30 am »

Yeah I just worked it out, I build some up-stairs on top of the down stairs on the first level and this somehow blocked the staircase. Looks like Im in the middle of a tantrum spiral lol... oh well....

Ah yes, this.

In case you need to know for the future, building up/down stairs on dug downstairs doesn't block anything.

just my two cents
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!
Pages: 1 [2]