Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 99% Bundle  (Read 1665 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
99% Bundle
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:16:28 pm »

Yet another indie bundle, however this one is completely free!
it's a DRM-free free bundle from very small indie developers (aka one-man teams).

Not really much else to say about it. The games are all pretty straight forward and very bare-bones. Games aren't exactly gound-breaking though. Lone Boss and Cub has taken my eye and seems interesting, haven't had a chance to try it out though

EDIT: Totally derped and forgot a link: http://99bundle.com/ :<
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:45:52 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: 99% Bundle
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:26:18 pm »

A link would be good so we can check it out.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:26:31 pm »

I have no idea where to find this!  If only there was some helpful person who might be able to lead me towards this alleged "bundle".  Maybe even lead via retroactive foresight?

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:33:54 pm »

http://99bundle.com/

I'd assume that's it, a quick google search took me there.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

Yeah, that looks like it. All the games are basically freeware, though.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:49:35 pm »

really not good. Most of these are of student quality. Impressive student quality, but still.......
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:38 pm »

really not good. Most of these are of student quality. Impressive student quality, but still.......

Yeah this was my thoughts exactly. I posted it up because I assume this community would like looking at the more amateur side of the Indie development scene. I have to say I'm bias towards the new innovative ideas instead of TOWER DEFENCE #732 again.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 02:23:43 am »

Downloaded this for kicks...so far I'm not very happy about the quality for a two hour download.

Super Bogus World is utter crap. Not gonna mince words, this thing left my hard drive within ten minutes. Think of the worst flash-based, epilepsy-inducing games you've ever played. Add in annoying sound effects and buggy controls. You're about half-way to the quality of this.

Spino's Dangerous Dungeon is ok, despite a lack of creativity. My problem with it is that it downloaded with a save game, and thus I was thrown into a harder level right off the bat.

NeonPlat Adventures looks and sounds nice, but suffers from lack of instruction. It appears to be multiplayer with a shared keyboard.

Diamond Hallow II is my favorite so far. It looks and plays like a Nitrome title: pixel-y graphics and retro-sounding music and sound.

More to come later.

Later has arrived!

Pixel Slaughter: This one has some potential, though it's very unfinished. Lots of blood and I keep unlocking new weapons and skills though I haven't the slightest idea how to use them.

Next Time I Won't Trust The Man In The White Van crashes instantly. Maybe someone else can get this to work, but for now it's an instant 0/100.

Unnamed Sandbox Game got insta-flagged by my anti-virus software and was removed. Okay...Should anyone else try this game I recommend caution.

Unstopaball is made in Unity, and has some relatively nice 3D effects. It's basically a Marble Madness clone, and needs mouse control instead of using the arrow keys.

Prior is a flash platformer, and works fairly well. You play as a test subject escaping an abandoned facility and gain special powers along the way. You're also a squat black box with one glowing eye, and there appears to be some sort of race war between white boxes and black boxes.

Sens3s is pretty bizarre. You play as a blind person who "sees" with his hands. Objects appear as text describing what the object feels like. I honestly haven't gotten very far, but this is a very creative idea.

Robot Unlock is some sort of puzzle game. I have no idea what to do. Moving on.

The other two games require installation and I'm not doing that tonight. Hopefully one of you guys will give these games a shot, see if you have different experiences than I do.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:11:39 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 06:43:29 pm »

Well, these ain't that good. On the other other hand, what do you want? Shit's free.
Hello Hunam

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »

Diamond Hollow 2 is great (I liked its prequel too) but it's a flash game. From the internet. Seriously, you can play it on the flash games sites.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 02:28:26 am »

If you don't like it write feedback, the contact info is on the site.
I am sure most of them would appreciate it.
Thank you based dwarf.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 04:05:32 am »

There's just nothing notable about these games beyond 'they're in a "bundle" like those other things', which isn't enough to make me want to download it.  I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'm not gonna shower false praise simply because they got their act together enough to work together and make a communal website.