Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SPOILERS]Minecraft - The Ruin of Gloveshafts  (Read 1065 times)

Crozarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[SPOILERS]Minecraft - The Ruin of Gloveshafts
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:20:23 am »

In one of my more recent forts, Gloveshafts, I breached the HFS for the first time, and was promptly obliterated due to me heedlessly mining straight down the Candy shaft. So, in commemmoration of the first fort that breached candyland, I made a scale replica of my Fortress.

1x1 square in DF = 1x1 block in Mincraft.

1z level in DF = 3 blocks high in Minecraft

So then I thought, how can I make this cooler?

So to that end, I created an adventure map for my fortress where you're an adventurer attempting to plunder the riches from the abandoned fort. The fort has had a lot of aesthetic changes to it (Mossy walls, cave ins, giant webs etc) and the mine even goes to nether portal to simulate the gaping maw of hell I opened. You will (Hopefully) spawn next to a chest with your supplies (Enough for 2 players, since I made this with my friend and a MP server in mind) and a map that should show you the location of the fortress.

ATTN: The save is set on Peaceful for some reason, be sure to set it to at least Easy so that enemies will spawn.

Use this texture pack for your viewing pleasure
http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/8193-dokucraft-wayward-repack/page__st__-10

Link to save
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD5XPA5D

Fortress Location on the map

INSTALLATION
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS]Minecraft - The Ruin of Gloveshafts
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 02:05:28 am »

Could we get some screenshots?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS]Minecraft - The Ruin of Gloveshafts
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 02:16:42 am »

Right then, who wants a host a server and plunder the euphamistic depths of "gloveshaft"?  Many phallus jokes shall be made.