Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Biology: An Insight  (Read 2081 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Biology: An Insight
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 03:32:03 am »

It's not that dorfs have cardboard skulls, it's merely a fact that in the grim world of Dwarf Fortress, everyone is super-strong, able to kick and punch with such force that bones snap and occasionally pierce an important internal organ.

The usual mentions of someone punching the skull of another person to bits and pieces and through the brain is often followed by the minor detail of "I stabbed/slashed/whatever'ed the guy SO HARD that they passed out from pain" which leaves room for dozens of free hits on the head since the other guy can't defend themselves at all. At that point, it's either a weapon hit, kick or punch that kills 'em.

But yes, in the grim future of Dwarf Fortress, everyone fights in some sort of shounen logic, putting all their power behind their fists so they can do dramatic punches and probably throw one-liners too.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 06:23:30 am »

The ambusher is skill is nothing more than a dwarf beard lenght, they use it to look like bushes and rocks.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 02:18:34 pm »

The ambusher is skill is nothing more than a dwarf beard lenght, they use it to look like bushes and rocks.
But the elves and goblins!...
... do they, like... hold up a bush and declare they aren't there? I could see the dwarves falling for it.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 02:46:59 pm »

I think they skip the bush part. With the dorfs being as drunk as they are, i would not be surprised if it worked. At all. Or maybe they just make sounds that sound like wind in the bushes, since dorfs clearly don't see very well with those huge eyebrows of theirs.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 02:21:46 pm »

It also stores food and drink that they consume throughout the season after stocking it once.
So what do -- no, I don't want to know.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]