Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Underground dwarftropolis... any hints?  (Read 2093 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground dwarftropolis... any hints?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 09:38:12 pm »

I've started work on a similar project recently, along the exact same lines as you. To cave out the area, I mined out 10 z-levels of stone, channeled out the rims, then caved in the whole thing. My computer spent all night calculating it... woke up in the morning to hit space and then wait an hour as the dust cleared.

Using the stocks screen, you can dump all of a certain stone type, but I ended up just leaving it sitting at the bottom layer, and built a layer above it. I made lots of skywalks and things of that nature, giving it a cool effect.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 10:07:01 pm »

Ah...the inn of drowning. Loud whispers, get IN here!
After all, I was reincarnated twice under his rule.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 07:38:32 am »

Ah...the inn of drowning. Loud whispers, get IN here!
After all, I was reincarnated twice under his rule.

You should sign up, we've had no new players for about 3 week now.  Last I checked the inn is both doing great and beset by a murderous dining room waterfall.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 10:56:06 am »

To use stone, I make mechanisms, mugs, and megaprojects. Focus on the first two, make tons of traps, use the mugs to buy all the gem-studded platinum mini-forges your heart desires, etc. Also, I advise getting the Display Case mod so you can show off all of those gem-studded platinum mini-forges.

I like doing things like this.  Using natural stalagmites for housing is very convenient--you can have a long of fun engraving. 
For some interesting design ideas check out the Inn of Drowning on the community game forums--it is primarily in the first cavern with some...constructions...near the surface.  It's also in my sig.
Ah, yes...good times, bad ideas. I'm glad you didn't vacate after the giant-animal-related deaths.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:07:02 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]