Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kikrost Rulast, Ettin Slayer  (Read 1222 times)

GoldenZeppelin

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Nyeh, Squidward?
    • View Profile
Kikrost Rulast, Ettin Slayer
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:28:18 pm »

Hehe, so I was just playing my fort when something funny happened. An ettin appeared from the side of the map. So this is my first semimegabeast, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but then one of my army (a swordsdwarf) rushed out and engaged it in combat. A few minutes later, the ettin was dead. When I checked the combat log, I was amazed, not only because it had been killed by a lowly "adept" swordsdwarf in iron (With one leg!), but also died to blood loss when said dwarf cut off its big toe. Are semimegabeasts always this weak, or is Kikrost here just really lucky?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kikrost Rulast, Ettin Slayer
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:44:07 pm »

Ettins aren't much, wait till a bronze collosus ;D
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:34:01 am »

Hmm, that sounds like a bug. I'd recommend reporting it. Maybe Ettins don't have enough blood or don't ever stop bleeding.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:39:26 pm »

Hmm, that sounds like a bug. I'd recommend reporting it. Maybe Ettins don't have enough blood or don't ever stop bleeding.

How does it in any way sound like a bug?...
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »

The fact that it bled out from blood loss due to the loss of a single toe?
くコ:彡

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:42:04 am »

The fact that it bled out from blood loss due to the loss of a single toe?

Shit, somehow I missed that, need to pay more attention...

Was the lost toe the ONLY thing that happened in the combat? Also, was the ettin already wounded when the swordsdwarf killed it? If not... Guess ettins just have really big toes?...
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 08:36:54 am »

I can only assume the ettin also got bleeding wounds all over, but the big toe was the only part that ended up chopped off. If dorfs can survive having their limbs torn off and not bleed to death(most of the time) then there has to be something more to the boring death of the ettin.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 10:58:00 am »

I always thought ettins were just regular guys like crundles (possible because they use the same graphic in phoebus)