Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist, what weapon do we take? Ursifr, I think we take all of them in one hand!  (Read 462 times)

VladHatter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So I got the hang of keeping my dwarves alive via food, happy thoughts, and making their rooms look fabulous. The only trouble I seem to be having at the moment is assigning uniforms to my military.  I followed Sippycup's tutorial and have been glancing around DFwiki and yet every time i assign a specific weapon my dwarves seem to spaz the flark out and grab all sorts of random things.   I know certain labors have default uniforms such as the hunter and woodcutter.  However, this seems to happen all too often in my games and my military generally suffers.  I can have nearly 30+ short-swords in a stockpile near the barracks and the dwarves randomly pick a spear or a hammer from the other side of Narnia.   Can someone help out?

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uniforms have the option of "partial matches/exact matches". Have you tried setting them to exact match so that they pick up exactly what you want?
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

VladHatter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

O.o Dear god, I never knew of this feature.  I'm such a noob. Thanks a million.