Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Grimeling that just won't die  (Read 2797 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Re: The Grimeling that just won't die
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »

I've had this happen before, normally if you can get your dwarves to stop trying to kill it and walk away, it'll die with in seconds.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 04:01:37 pm »

and kogut: It isn't that bug, because neither any of the dwarfs or the grimeling are unconcious, the dwarfs keep making bruising tearing and breaking strikes on the grimeling, and the grimeling is still occassionally countering with a bruising strike or two, so it must be something else.
So I was trigger happy. Sorry  :-X
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 04:09:37 pm »

I think this is more of a "flesh ball case", in wich a creature has no organs, blood and such.

from the grimeling file
Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID_SIMPLE]
You can still defeat it by chopping off it's head, so if must off it go for axes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:41 pm »

Am I the only one who read the thread title as: 'The Girlinhat that just won't die'?
I probably am but you never know :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »

Am I the only one who read the thread title as: 'The Girlinhat that just won't die'?
I probably am but you never know :P

"You've been spending too much time on bay12."

"Spend some more."

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 08:23:10 am »

I had an antwoman with similar properties once. Some monsters are like the immortals from Highlander even if the rest of the race is squishy.

Just like the movie, you can kill an immortal by cutting its head off. You, sir, need swordsdwarves. No, seriously. Swords seem to be the best way sever enough parts to bring one of these regenerating freaks of nature down. This has yet to result in a local electrical storm but it should.
There can be only one!  >:(
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 05:11:59 pm »

You can still defeat it by chopping off it's head, so if must off it go for axes.
Except that according to the screenshot of their military, they have 4 axedwarves. The real question is, what kind of axes are you using? Is copper not enough?

Edit: Lololol I fail at quotes.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 05:22:28 pm »

this is giving me a brilliant idea.
which i'm too incapable of implementing:
arena for HEROICAL AWESOME FIGURES!
basically, make an arena and use the latest df hacks/runesmith tools to recreate figures like this gremlin and that antwoman and have them FIGHT TO THE DEATH.
and see who survives..
and maybe...
cacame?
...boat murdered elephants?
...zombified backpacks killer?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 [2]