Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Lasher Dies of Old Age...  (Read 1161 times)

geneisnotlame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Lasher Dies of Old Age...
« on: December 01, 2011, 09:10:40 pm »

Recently this happened to me in ADVENTURE MODE. I was fairly shocked, being I had never seen someone drop dead from old age.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Lasher Dies of Old Age...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:55:46 pm »

bandits dont care about old age thay just keep on being a bandit till thay fall down dead.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

geneisnotlame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:59:01 pm »

funk you

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:55:15 pm »

bandits dont care about old age thay just keep on being a bandit till thay fall down dead.
funk you

Actually, he's entirely accurate. The bandits will just keep being bandits and then suddenly drop dead of old age decades later. Sometimes the game doesn't realize they're supposed to be dead until they ambush you. Or something.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:16:55 pm »

*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 03:15:09 pm »

The same thing can happen in Fort mode with outpost liaisons. Sometimes they will show up, realize that they should have died like forty years ago and drop dead. It's a well documented bug to do with the way the game uses historical figures. Interesting to know that it can happen in adventure mode too though.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 05:31:35 pm »

It'll probably be fixed on release 5. Besides handling deaths properly like that, I don't think there's anything Toady can really do to fix this that wouldn't be hackish, and it's not a big enough deal that it can't wait a bit.