Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tips and/or advice for evicting dwarves  (Read 1956 times)

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
Re: Tips and/or advice for evicting dwarves
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 12:23:08 am »

If you go into the daws and set your fortresses created wealth to negative something, you'll not receive nearly as many migrants, if any. Of corse that presents other issues...

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 02:58:41 pm »

If you don't want migrants, just... set the pop cap to 0?  If you want children just... set the child cap >0?  I don't see the problem here, you appear to have misinterpreted the init.  Pregnancies ignore the population cap, you can (and will) get births above your population limit.
Oh!  Hey, in that case, problem solved!

A couple migrants are acceptable as haulers.  I'll just have to keep them generally isolated so they don't gain political power or get married.

It would still be nice to be able to sell nobles into slavery though.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »

Would a flapping bridge-atomizer leave a ghost?  Dunno.  If it does, Burrow its danger area.  Then add the evicted dwarf to the burrow. 

I find giving Weaving and Wood Collection to be good ways to evict them out.  But that generates ghosts.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 02:21:24 pm »

Would a flapping bridge-atomizer leave a ghost?  Dunno.
I can confirm that crushing a dwarf into the fourth dimension can indeed cause ghosts, and a simple coffin won't appease them as their remains no longer exist (unfortunate accident in my last fort).
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.
Pages: 1 [2]