Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some questions from a newb  (Read 983 times)

jeffreyac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions from a newb
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 07:56:59 pm »

Yep. I've noticed this - if you include a blacked out area in your burrow and later mine it, the new area is added in (even though you didn't see it before...)

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 12:41:59 pm »

Using the rectangle designator for a burrow will let you select over hidden areas but you won't see any indication on the display until those areas are dug out.  The recangle designator can also select across z-levels so it should really be called the cube designator.   ;)

I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

semelfett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 03:17:33 pm »

With the goblin problem taken care of(sealed the gate). i need to make a tomb for my baroness and she wants my two traped goblins in there...(i tried telling her i dont have any iron but no she keps sending stupid demands)
Do i have to make stockpiles to get the cages there or any other way?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:13:05 pm by semelfett »

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 11:25:55 pm »

With the goblin problem taken care of(sealed the gate). i need to make a tomb for my baroness and she wants my two traped goblins in there...(i tried telling her i dont have any iron but no she keps sending stupid demands)
Do i have to make stockpiles to get the cages there or any other way?

Cages are considered furniture, and are installed on-site like a bed or table. b) j) pick your spot, then x) to get an "expanded" cage-list, and choose one of the goblin-cages. If you want it to open at some point, you'll need to have a mechanic attach the cage to a lever somewhere, using two mechanisms.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

semelfett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 04:21:01 pm »

Thanks for the answer, it worked and the next time she wants iron items a accident might happen..

On to another question then. I was thinking of hunting capybaras are they dangerous?, there is like 30 full grown and 60 pups. and my military is 15 man strong.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »

On to another question then. I was thinking of hunting capybaras are they dangerous?, there is like 30 full grown and 60 pups. and my military is 15 man strong.

No, they're not particularly dangerous, but if you want to use their meat/bones/hide, you have to send out a hunter armed with a crossbow and a quiver full of (probably wood or bone) bolts, rather than your soldiers; soldiers will leave the kill to rot (but will get some combat training.) A hunter will drag hir kill back to the nearest butcher workshop. Of course, you'll need a butcher workshop up and running, along with a tanner's for the hides.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 05:15:48 pm »

If you have a refuse stockpile and have outdoor refuse hauling activated your dwarves will haul the corpes inside, where a butcher may or may not take them to his shop to process.
Pages: 1 [2]