Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Everything's dead?  (Read 401 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Everything's dead?
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:26:55 am »

Howdy!

So, I embarked in a 3x3 embark space, 5 haunted mountain tiles and 4 untamed hills tiles. I arrive and begin setting up my fortress. Now this being a haunted area, I am anxiously checking the units screen from time to time, and I start seeing antmen of various types marked as deceased, then a cave dragon and a hungry head. At the time I thought they were zombies, (I had forgotten that undead are marked as such) and since I couldn't zoom to them I assumed they were underground. But last night I realized that they were Deceased not undead. I looked and couldn't find the bodies anywhere. So what happened? Do they just spawn underground and die instantly?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Everything's dead?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 10:35:26 am »

The Antmen are local residents.  They didn't spawn on the map, they were there before you embarked, somewhere in the unrevealed caverns.

The antmen probably got into a fight with the local wandering cavern wildlife, resulting in deaths on both sides.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:12:53 am »

The Antmen are local residents.  They didn't spawn on the map, they were there before you embarked, somewhere in the unrevealed caverns.

The antmen probably got into a fight with the local wandering cavern wildlife, resulting in deaths on both sides.

Ah, I see. That would explain why there was nothing else after the Dragon. Thanks.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:33:41 pm »

Once I found a FB in one cavern lake, It was dead, it was called agaku or something similar. I checked legends and it had 2 entries the creation and the bleeding out of the FB in the same year as of my embark.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.