Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is simular to a old game idea I had.  (Read 1031 times)

wolfwing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
This is simular to a old game idea I had.
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:38:58 pm »

heh this game is simular to a idea project I've had for years, for a colobrative rpg world maker.

Simular to this, the core game wouldn't have alot of features nescarily, but be designed to incorporate features being added.  Design it so that people could create new monsters, new quests, dungeons, entire story arcs and such, and they could be inserted into the game via modding of some kind.  Add new stores, weapon types and so on, allowing the game to expand as more people add things.  Setup cities to be able to be set as various kinds of level, and certain stores would appear in them, add a new shop of some kind and the towns would randomly chose if they add them, create trade routes and such, let the players imagination be the limit.  Just have no idea of how to go about doing it, not a programer

Closest to it was actually Morrowind, though the editor wasn't quiet the way I had hoped it might be.  The idea being able to create a massive world as big as you wanted, with each new mod or option and quest pack an such expanding the world, and people chose how big or small they want the game, by chosing what gets added and what doesn't.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: This is simular to a old game idea I had.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:44:41 pm »

Were you trying to post this somewhere else?

Is this about DF? If so, this should go in the DF general discussion forum.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:58:56 pm »

Putnam: they posted something there also (though it is different).

wolfwing: welcome to the forums. You have posted this topic in General Discussion; it is about Dwarf Fortress, and thus belongs in DF Discussion - particularly in DF General Discussion, which you have certainly seen.
That said, this topic is one that is presented by someone new every two months or so, and is usually poorly-received and subject to insults from other posters. Thus, I recommend you do not move or re-post this topic, or at least wait until you have reached "Bay Watcher" status. Otherwise, enjoy yourself here.

wolfwing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:40:07 pm »

yeah this was meant more about DF, but considering it was just a game idea, and not exactly about the game beyond simularities, I wasn't sure It would really fit in there, so posted it somewhere that I figured it would be more appropriate to mostly off topic, if you have a better section to post it to or a mod can manually send it there sure :>

I just wasn't sure where the best most appropriate section for this

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 01:07:59 am »

Welcome to the forums  :o

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:11:51 am »

This thread makes me confused.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 06:14:46 am »

Well, DF is rather modfriendly. Not quests, so far, but how the world itself is made out at least.
Love, scriver~