Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does soap get used up?  (Read 2462 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Does soap get used up?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »

I've had fortresses where I failed to keep an eye on the quantity of soap, ran out, and started losing dwarves to infected wounds.
So, infected dwarves who clean themselves with free soap (as opposed to the reserved stuff in the hospital) have a chance of getting their infections removed? I thought that soap only prevented infection, not treated it.

Well, I've had dwarves who survived due to soap, even though the entirety of their skin, fat, and muscle were necrotized. The doctor cleaned it up and my soldiers no longer had much squishy stuff.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Does soap get used up?
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 03:12:06 pm »

I've had fortresses where I failed to keep an eye on the quantity of soap, ran out, and started losing dwarves to infected wounds.
So, infected dwarves who clean themselves with free soap (as opposed to the reserved stuff in the hospital) have a chance of getting their infections removed? I thought that soap only prevented infection, not treated it.

Well, I've had dwarves who survived due to soap, even though the entirety of their skin, fat, and muscle were necrotized. The doctor cleaned it up and my soldiers no longer had much squishy stuff.

I've had dwarves survive without soap, having their entire bodies necortized (Titan syndrome) and stuff. Good doctors and wells (plus frequent baths) are the most important factors here, but soap increases survival chances EXPONENTIALLY!!!!!!!!

I was left with 6 blind fortress guardsdwarves. Including my mayor. It was good. Soap is also very good.
Pages: 1 [2]