Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does the PF affect the world?  (Read 1489 times)

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does the PF affect the world?
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:32:23 am »

Edit: Affect it is.
Anyway, uh, I've mostly played Adventure Mode up until now, but I've changed saddle and now I'm on my eight year in a fort. And I was sort of wondering if the things that I supply the homeland with have any off-screen ramifications to the history of the world? For example if I give away an extensive MC armoury as a gift to the King, will this have something to do with how their military fares?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:20:58 pm by coldmonkey »
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Does the PF effect the world?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:50:42 am »

Not yet, since right now the world stops after world-gen. But one day, yes. Further on in this arc (the caravan arc) you'll have to deal with excess of products in the market.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:59:55 am »

This coming update, IIRC, will have actual stocks for towns. When you trade them a billion mugs, they should start having them in stores. That's the extent of the effects for the moment.

Note that this is a coming feature; at the moment. The world more or less stops at world gen.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:00:16 pm »

It's 'affect'. Type it into Google next time and not here. :P
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does the PF affect the world?
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:37:49 pm »

Cheers for the answers, folks.
Also why would I want to learn from Google when I can learn from you people?
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »

This coming update, IIRC, will have actual stocks for towns. When you trade them a billion mugs, they should start having them in stores. That's the extent of the effects for the moment.

Note that this is a coming feature; at the moment. The world more or less stops at world gen.
Well time to make a thousand suits of steel armor!
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 01:25:14 pm »

Heh, go for it! The new markets will have everything displayed in full, and Toady hinted at people yelling and advertising their goods as you walk by. "Lead Mugs! Get'cher lead mugs here! They're to die for!"

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:30:55 pm »

Also why would I want to learn from Google when I can learn from you people?
Because you don't have to wait half an hour for an answer? ???
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:02:06 pm »

But our answers are so much easier and less stressful to find. And so insightful.
Also often full of morally ambiguous suggestions that represent the heart and soul of dwarfdom.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 04:24:28 pm »

It took half an hour?
See now, I didn't even notice that because I was busy playing Dorf Fortress, wa ha ha ha ha!