Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Civilization screen.  (Read 1521 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization screen.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 04:07:13 pm »

Thanks everyone, one other thing.

What happened to the humans? I only get elven and Dwarven Caravans. I thought im on the same area with humans. (Its one big "Island" of land)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 04:18:54 pm »

I think you can't cross mountains, so that might be the case?

Also, you should check the trade agreements with kobolds & goblins.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 04:52:04 pm »

I think you can't cross mountains, so that might be the case?

This is why it's advisable to make sure there are other entities listed in your location before embarking. If they are then that should guarantee contact.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 08:15:31 pm »

Off-off-topic (but closer to the topic than The Lever was ;) ): is it more difficult to get a fortress running when the dwarves are the only ones sending you a caravan?  My initial thought is "no, because you'll have more stuff to sell them and be able to buy out the entire caravan", but that doesn't always help ...

I seldom have any trouble buying everything I want from every caravan, with the exception of the first dwarven one. And If I prepare for it properly, that one isn't a problem either. There are just so many ways to produce trade goods of game-breaking value.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:22:35 pm »

Off-off-topic (but closer to the topic than The Lever was ;) ): is it more difficult to get a fortress running when the dwarves are the only ones sending you a caravan?  My initial thought is "no, because you'll have more stuff to sell them and be able to buy out the entire caravan", but that doesn't always help ...
Dwarves don't bring much in the way of plants/seeds, other than plump helmets.
Other than that, I'm not sure.

urick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 09:14:58 pm »

Trade agreements as in, the stuff the liason was talking about? I only see numbers, what am I overlooking?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 03:27:36 pm »

Trade agreements as in, the stuff the liason was talking about? I only see numbers, what am I overlooking?

Hard to explain without knowing what exactly you are looking at, screen shots/how you got there?
[My guess is you've gone to the civ screen and toggled to trade agreements, or you're trading at a depot]
Pages: 1 [2]