Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simple nickname question  (Read 332 times)

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simple nickname question
« on: November 21, 2011, 06:46:16 pm »

If I give a dwarf a nickname and a professional name, when something related to them is announced will it just announce that, for example, "[nickname] [professional name] has started a mysterious construction". Or will it use the last name instead? If so, is there a way to change the last name (or change what the announcements display)? And I assume it is the same for all announcements (has gone insane/cancels action etc) right?

Edit: I'm aware it's a dumb question I could probably find out with a fairly small amount of actually playing for a while, but I can't remember what it displayed before, and almost certainly won't remember to check this time. >.>
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:48:25 pm by person012345 »

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
Re: Simple nickname question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 08:08:25 pm »

In one of the init files, there is a line that allows one to customize what custom names replace.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Simple nickname question
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:33 pm »

miner Mc Clown magnet

give that a militia dwarf
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms