Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whiny Miners  (Read 1760 times)

Faeryx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Miners
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 11:47:16 am »

So I went and checked and it is actually 141z levels down, I'll make it work, probably just make a burrow for a select few dwarves and call it good.
Give them a nice trap gauntlet to run, maybe a "dodge-me" trap over a 10-z pit lined with menacing copper spikes, so they explode into greasy goblin gibs on impact and leave the lovely iron bits for your dwarves to collect at leisure.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:02 am »

Don't forget to carve a living area and food stockpile there. Or just relocate already, leaving a completely functional, but empty, fortress behind near the filthy surface. Or clear-cut your map, get loads of coal and make hippies cry.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Faeryx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 12:17:09 pm »

My whole game I haven't gotten a single diplomat or noble, so I can clear cut the whole map and do nothing it, and it wouldn't bother me a bit at this point.
Give them a nice trap gauntlet to run, maybe a "dodge-me" trap over a 10-z pit lined with menacing copper spikes, so they explode into greasy goblin gibs on impact and leave the lovely iron bits for your dwarves to collect at leisure.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 01:24:41 pm »

Or just relocate already, leaving a completely functional, but empty, fortress behind near the filthy surface. Or clear-cut your map, get loads of coal and make hippies cry.

TBH, that's probably by far the easiest option. It'll save a hell of a lot of time, and you'll still have the furniture intact once you tear it up if you're short on logs as I tend to be.
The only downside is a lack of fresh water down there. And due to pesky water pressure, you can't just redirect the river down there without creating a fountain. I mean, I once had a well that worked fine until I futzed with the pressure in the brook to drown the elven caravan in the spring, upon which it spurted water everywhere.
And the trading caravans. Either a long haul with the goods, a long wait for the caravans to get down the entry ramp, or no trading at all.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.
Pages: 1 [2]