Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's my FPS?  (Read 394 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
What's my FPS?
« on: November 20, 2011, 03:30:09 pm »

I quite simply want to know what FPS my fort is running at, and if necessary if it's possible to turn temperature off on my current fort if I feel it's getting to low? 
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's my FPS?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:33:27 pm »

Both turning the FPS display on and turning temperature off are done in the init text files, found in dwarf fortress/data/init. The FPS display setting is in init.txt in that folder; to activate it, find the line that says [FPS:NO] and change it to say [FPS:YES]. Turning off temperature is done in d_init.txt, and is as simple as changing [TEMPERATURE:YES] to NO.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: What's my FPS?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:06:16 pm »

You can turn on FPS in the init file like NecroRebel suggested. However I might suggest that you try doing some of the other things suggested on the maximizing framerate wiki page before turning off temperature since it is a fairly drastic thing to turn off.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.