Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inactive Dwarfs  (Read 1062 times)

Joshn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Inactive Dwarfs
« on: November 20, 2011, 03:49:11 pm »

For some unknown reason my dwarfs have decided to go on strike. They refuse to do a few jobs I have given them, such as mining and wall building. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem before and had any advice? I have been playing for around 5 months now and have never encountered this problem before.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inactive Dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »

Party?

On break?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 03:57:12 pm »

Or maybe they're stranded? If you're using ramps, make sure you didn't break them by placing them incorrectly.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:58:21 pm »

Or maybe you don't have certain labors on, such as carpentry or masonry for walls?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Joshn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 04:04:40 pm »

I'v checked everything. The jobs are on, they can reach the mining area and they are just inactive (not on a break).

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 04:05:36 pm »

I'v checked everything. The jobs are on, they can reach the mining area and they are just inactive (not on a break).

Hmm. Screenshots?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 04:10:09 pm »

For some unknown reason my dwarfs have decided to go on strike. They refuse to do a few jobs I have given them, such as mining and wall building. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem before and had any advice? I have been playing for around 5 months now and have never encountered this problem before.

Attending party?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »

Are they in a burrow? Sometimes it has happened to me that burrow has not expanded with new mines tiles...

Joshn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 04:17:59 pm »

Are they in a burrow? Sometimes it has happened to me that burrow has not expanded with new mines tiles...

I'm an Idiot :P. I set the dwarfs to a burrow when I was attacked and then forgot about it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 04:24:35 pm »

I'm an Idiot :P. I set the dwarfs to a burrow when I was attacked and then forgot about it.

TA DA!