Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A good Dwarf foretress Lp?  (Read 4388 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: A good Dwarf foretress Lp?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 10:01:00 am »

A friendly advice:
Care to stay out of threads that claim to have found out something
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, if you ignore the insane bit or have fun with it, which I do, this is the best forum I ever visited.
No extreme trolling, no insults, just happieness, friendship, dorfdom and PONIES.
In your view, this might not fit, but you will see.
When you get carried into the sanatarium where everyone who posts on these forums will welcome you.
greetz

Yup. I think I'm going to run away now, troll fahce and crundles in one thread can only mean....

THIS part of the forum.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 10:48:51 am »

Also, when the desensitizing starts, do not resist. you don't want to end up like poor UristMcHuman, thinking about the rights of clusters of data.

And secondly, learn to use the Alt+19 ‼Double exclamation mark‼ instead of !!two separate ones!!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 11:01:56 am »

More of a new-media story than an informative Let's Play, but I've been enjoying the saga of Bravemule lately. The weird language and syntax and the dwarves' bizarre thought processes make it more of a dark mind-screw than some of the zanier LPs.

*tries to push the derailed thread back onto the tracks*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 11:13:41 am »

Take a look at the hall of legends in the community game board. It's a good read.

Also, considering myself a part of that section of the forum, I must give you a tip:

When in doubt, magma.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Minepow2

• Bay Watcher
  • Mystic Glyphs! Ooooo~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 01:12:16 pm »

Remember that Foretress I talked about earlier?

Here it is: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5116

In the location screen, just do shift + r then e to embark at my failed fortress.

Enjoy!

-Joex
No comments to be found here! 

It was inevitable.

schrocko88

• Bay Watcher
  • What's up homie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »

Revocane is really good. And I'll be returning to making lps again once my computer is fixed and I find a suitable recording software. My channel is SchrockoTheDwarf, and as I said Revocane is top-notch as well.
Add magma? Why the hell not?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 04:46:49 am »

He does adventure and fortress but it for Genesis Mod but it not that much different then the normal game. Also welcome to the crazy the pony stuff is weird but still not as bad as the freaks on 4chan  ::)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 10:48:26 am »

Gemclod has been archived now on its own site. It's another SA LP, and it sticks to game events more closely than Headshoots / Syrupleaf. And the ending is epic. It has a lot of fan music to go with it, which is unusual.

No extreme trolling, no insults, just happieness, friendship, dorfdom and PONIES.
Unless you type with your elbows and then claim to be an English honours student. We like good English here, especially since it can be hard enough to tell what's going on with somebody's fortress even if they do communicate clearly.

PS. It's fortress. That extra e is bugging me like crazy.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »

We are a nice bunch of nice people here, and we are totally sane and will not insult you.

You know you're totally and completely loco when you have to specify that you aren't insane.

Like many have said before, partial complete insanity is generally required to play DF. The gruesome/terrible/hideous things that people can and have done in the game is proof.

We are pretty nice though. We're chatty and we love a good laugh, even especially when it involves throwing kittens off massive towers just to watch them explode when they hit the pavement below.

Unless you type with your elbows and then claim to be an English honours student. We like good English here, especially since it can be hard enough to tell what's going on with somebody's fortress even if they do communicate clearly.

PS. It's fortress. That extra e is bugging me like crazy.

I know the feeling. People who use multiple full-stops as commas makes me want to dive off a cliff.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 03:39:36 pm »

name a kitten after yourself, watch yourself splat
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »

Reading this thread has left me with no idea what you guys are talking about.

What is an LP? The only context I know an LP to be in is as a vinyl record format...
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 11:10:52 pm »

Ok, I am new here, and if this is the wrong place, please be nice.

So I wish to know about some good Dwarf fortress Lps that are still being made, and a Youtuber that does Dwarf fortress videos all the time.

Sorry if I sound demanding.......

-Joex
Boatmurdered
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Snarkangel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 11:55:14 pm »

Reading this thread has left me with no idea what you guys are talking about.

What is an LP? The only context I know an LP to be in is as a vinyl record format...

LP is a Let's Play, which is when someone records video or pictures and lets you watch. Some of the most famous are Boatmurdered and Headshoots.

And Bronzemurdered (http://www.nzfortress.co.nz/forum/showthread.php?t=20768) is an excellent illustration demonstrating the utter insanity that can come of such things.
Pages: 1 2 [3]