Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breath attacks and fortifications?  (Read 662 times)

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breath attacks and fortifications?
« on: November 18, 2011, 08:11:25 pm »

So I've got captured (as in, trapped in rooms, not cage trapped) 2 forgotten beasts, one a towering crocodile with external ribs that breaths fire, another a bloated, 3-eyed lizard with poisonous breath. I'm thinking of somehow handling them into opposites sides of an arena, and carving fortifications into the walls. Drop goblins in the middle, then they are burnt and poisoned at my will!

The question is, can breath attacks pass through fortifications? Will my captured FB's willing shoot the goblins? Or is there some tricky I must work? I tried searching but could find no definitive answer.

Thanks for your help everyone! :)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Breath attacks and fortifications?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »

Breath attacks pass through fortifications; however, to use a breath attack they need to path to the target. So drop a cat/noble/elf in the FB box (facing the gas chamber) so the breath will go that way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:22:22 pm »

Ah how unfortunate. I don't have much in the way of spare nobles kittens. Perhaps I'll just disarm the goblins and make them fight barehanded.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:22:39 pm »

more dorfy, honestly. Well, only en masse. A single goblin is fun to put in a room and get slowly charred and poisoned, but if you capture 100 goblins, strip them naked and then drop 'em in the room with the beasts.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:36:26 pm »

more dorfy, honestly. Well, only en masse. A single goblin is fun to put in a room and get slowly charred and poisoned, but if you capture 100 goblins, strip them naked and then drop 'em in the room with the beasts.

Just remember thieves can and will get away... job cancellations for all!