Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is the trading screen supposed to look like this?  (Read 793 times)

pmts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is the trading screen supposed to look like this?
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:42 am »

http://i.imgur.com/VAAwD.png

Notice, that I can't even see the name of the objects I'm trading with. There's a "cave spider silk <something>" for 1409. It seems to be impossible to see what is it. Any suggestions?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Is the trading screen supposed to look like this?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 10:13:44 am »

Press v. I'm not sure if it supposed to be zoomed out like that as I haven't played for a while. Try zooming in?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:50:43 am »

Yeah just zoom in (mouse roller if on a mouse, two fingers up/down if on a mac laptop, don't know how to do it on a windows laptop). The problem is simply that the trade screen, like the embark screen, doesn't actually stretch if you are using a large window resolution for DF. As the default setting expands the window to match your desktop, those of us with larger desktops (larger than 800x600 that is) my need to zoom on a few of the windows. Once you are done with the window you can simply zoom back out by mouse rolling/two finger scroll in the opposite direction of how you zoomed in.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:47:24 pm »

On most Windows laptops, there's an option in the touchpad settings to enable "edge-scrolling", which allows you to use the right (and sometimes also the bottom) edge(s) of the touchpad for up-down (and left-right) scrolling. Not quite as nice as two-finger scroll, since it's easier to do accidentally, but it gets the job done.

SannaSK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 03:16:22 pm »

be careful if you're a person who tends to hit escape one too many times (like i am)... if you escape out of the trade screen when you just meant to esc out of viewing the item, you'll lose your whole trade setup and have to go back in and re-tag the items you want to trade. not the biggest gamebreaker ever but kind of a pita when you're first learning how to actually do trading and then you go 'noooo i have to do it all over again' ;_;.