Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck dwarf  (Read 1215 times)

MaxZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Doot doodoo de doo
    • View Profile
Stuck dwarf
« on: November 17, 2011, 06:39:23 am »

One of my dwarves got itself stuck on top of one of my walls at the top of my overground building, there are no access points to where he was, and i only became aware of its presence up there when it died of thirst

Does anyone know how the moron might have gotten up there?

Warped

• Bay Watcher
  • Crowded elevators smell different to dwarfs.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck dwarf
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 08:21:09 am »

He fell onto the wall or you removed a floor or wall that connected to that area. Dwarves are stupid, stupid creatures that require you to babysit their every move lest you have miasma spew everywhere, tantrum spirals because a friend has died and ghost fps drops.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:43:57 am »

One of my dwarves got itself stuck on top of one of my walls at the top of my overground building, there are no access points to where he was, and i only became aware of its presence up there when it died of thirst

Does anyone know how the moron might have gotten up there?

Something attacked him, and he dodged up on top of the wall.  When creatures dodge an attack they can teleport onto nearby surfaces that they could never have reached normally.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

MaxZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Doot doodoo de doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 11:19:49 am »

I guess an attack would explain it since its at the highest point on the map so no falling is possible. Having said that though, there is no combat report that could back this up
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:24:15 am by MaxZero »