Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpiling frustration, need help  (Read 609 times)

SebbyTheFreak

• Bay Watcher
  • Gold for the Gold God
    • View Profile
Stockpiling frustration, need help
« on: November 17, 2011, 10:09:48 pm »

Hey everyone, long time no see.

I'm having a issue with my latest fort, and I have no idea what is different from normal.

Simply put, my dorfs are refusing to stockpile some stuff. Most importantly, Iron. It is particularly frustrating because this is so far some of the best embark i ever had (evil savage black sand desert, freshwater aquifer, many layers of flux, LOOOTS of iron, there's also copper, silver, lead, etc. gems, interesting caves and I killed a cyclop in the first year of my fort)

I had stuff piling up in the trade depot, and stuff cluttering my workshops even though i got 40 idle dorfs and plenty of stockpiling rooms.

It seems to have happened when i started changing my stockpile content. Normally, when they "bug", I just delete the stockpile, make new ones, and they move the stuff, but not this time. The stuff stays there.

It's really frustrating to have 19 units of iron in my smelter, an iron stockpile right next to it, and nobody doing nothing to help it. (I even burrow'd the areas and put people in them, and still nothing).

What do?

SebbyTheFreak

• Bay Watcher
  • Gold for the Gold God
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiling frustration, need help
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:25 pm »

Nvm.

After............ like four hours spread in two days trying to figure it out, I did.

I had "iron blocks" in the accept list.

*headdesk*

How does one delete his thread?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiling frustration, need help
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:21:59 am »

I don't think it's currently possible to delete a thread, however you can lock it by scrolling all of the way down and clicking the "lock thread" button in the bottom left corner.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.