Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf fortress LAGS when on fullscreen  (Read 608 times)

COMbinity

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarf fortress LAGS when on fullscreen
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:00:36 pm »

When i fullscreen, the music lags, i dont know why, i have 15325 (49) fps. i dont know what to do...,also the mouse get laggy.

HELP?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:52:53 pm by COMbinity »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Sound lag
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:55:58 pm »

What sound?  The only sound in the game is the music, and that can't really lag as it's not synched to anything in the game.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:16:18 pm »

I think we're talking about the starting animation.  Not that everyone keeps that turned on.

There's a sound to accompany (IIRC) the blacksmith hammering, that then becomes the miner swinging his pick until he "breaks through".

I've noticed it not being synchronised.  I've never really been bothered when it has been, though.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 02:37:33 pm »

You could try playing around with some of the settings in data/init/init.txt, in particular the print mode and ARB_SYNC or VSYNC...those are all video options, but they might make things work better if your video is playing too fast/slow for the audio.

I've never had the audio lag except for sometimes getting involuntarily paused when my processor is working too hard, whatever DF uses for audio, it doesn't seem to work well when DF is doing a lot of intense long-running stuff, like saving a world. Some of the alternative rendering modes are less demanding on the processor than the default, so if the audio is cutting out due to excessive processing, that might be a solution.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 02:48:05 pm »

If you really are pushing the limits of your processor to the point that audio became a problem you could always simply turn off sound in the init files.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »

If you really are pushing the limits of your processor to the point that audio became a problem you could always simply turn off sound in the init files.
Or just turn off the intro movie?

(It's a nice intro movie, but if annoyed by the hammer-strikes being non-concurrent with the sounds (and you can't blame it on an extremely telephoto view, and the usual speed of sound limitations) perhaps turning it off is sufficient to restore whatever mental balance is otherwise being lost.)