Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Captain of the Guard keeps administering lethal beatings  (Read 1428 times)

AzuredreamsXT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Captain of the Guard keeps administering lethal beatings
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:53:06 am »

It was funny as hell at first, and still is to be honest, but for the good of the fort he must be reigned in. I have no crappy weapons material to give him a light hammer, just bronze.

Is the justice system incomplete? Or are these lethal beatings intentional by Toady? (I do have a jail)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Captain of the Guard keeps administering lethal beatings
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:29:35 am »

Give him a training sword

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:20:37 am »

Are you sure you set the chain or cage, for your jail, to be used for justice? "q" then "j" I think. If you did then beatings should only be administered when the prisons are full. Although that might vary for the crime in question, I'm not sure.

Reguardless as the guy above said, give him any no quality wooden training weapon and he won't be killing anyone easily.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:34:26 am »

Or a no quality wooden crossbow so he can still kill enemy (S/he bash dwarfs with it)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 06:24:24 am »

Or a no quality wooden crossbow so he can still kill enemy (S/he bash dwarfs with it)
made from imported "feather wood" if you can get it.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:16:34 am »

if you opt to get cages/chains for prison, dont forget to make sure you have a clean water source, or noone will water the prisoner and he/she will die
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 07:23:47 am »

When push comes to shove--remember--you really don't need a captain of the guard--it isn't like a broker, who needs to exist so you can see fort value--all captain does is dispense beatings.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:15:35 am »

About the punishment, I think that it depends on what kind of a crime the criminal committed. In the raws some of the ethics have PUNISH_SERIOUS and some PUNISH_CAPITAL, I've had on a few occasions a free jail cell, but still the Captain punished my dwarves by beating.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 08:16:42 am »

When push comes to shove--remember--you really don't need a captain of the guard--it isn't like a broker, who needs to exist so you can see fort value--all captain does is dispense beatings.
In fact it is fun to appoint one only after few years of failed mandates and give him axe or sword.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:59 am »

About the punishment, I think that it depends on what kind of a crime the criminal committed. In the raws some of the ethics have PUNISH_SERIOUS and some PUNISH_CAPITAL, I've had on a few occasions a free jail cell, but still the Captain punished my dwarves by beating.
The world would be so much easier if we could add [ISSUE_MANDATE: PUNISH CAPITAL] to the ethics.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 09:11:59 am »

I haven't used the justice system at all in 10+ forts and haven't been the worse for it.

I'd recommend giving them practice weapons or wood xbows. they wont do much damage unless they get a luckshot in.