Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: El Dorado  (Read 4820 times)

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: El Dorado
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 06:48:39 pm »

make tons of silver warhammers and copper weapons quality doesn't matter,  construct a narrow bridge over a large drop  fill the bridge with weapon traps containing yoru weapons as well as line of fire for a couple of balistiae,   they'll dodge the the traps right off the edge and deliver fresh goblinite right to you.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 06:50:30 pm »

who said they werent delivering right now? i do have to admit that your ideas leave fewer body parts strewn around

a serrated disc will mess up goblins wearing iron armor pretty good, i'm even confident of steel, and big balls of copper or silver take an extra punch. Most of my militia is now using salvaged goblin items, though they seem to prefer top quality bronze for now. I'll see about reforging the iron to steel soon
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:53:47 pm by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 07:13:57 pm »

3rd slate, 147

Goblins tried to ambush us!
We were not aware of this untill one of the mechanics tried to restart a weapons trap that had gotten stuck, When he got near, he saw a horde of goblins staring at what remained of their leader, who had been crushed by some big spiked balls and sliced into several pieces by serrated discs. 7 pieces, we got to count it exactly. Left hand, right hand, left arm right arm, upper body, lower body plus legs and a very surprised looking head some few feet further into the corridor.

Well, as mentioned, the goblins charged the haples worker, who had no defences or warrior skills, except for a basic knowledge of our layout. So as he hopped from one leg to another, pressing to the wall in some cases, the goblins laughed and ran on, to die in pieces.

One survived, sort off
several broken limbs, some sheared off... we sent out the militia to finish off the poor wretch

But we now have iron. The more funny call it goblinite. I'm sure we can enrich it later to steel, but for now the militia can have some of it to use. Some prefer the outstanding copper work we've done ourself though, actually showing how our copper outclasses their badly forged iron. If only we struck iron ourself

The creation of a reliable water source has gone well. We found that specially carved walls will let water through, but not the regular aquatic creatures. Since those include some poisonous ones around here, we dont want them in a well. Its quite complicated, but it seems to involve a wall, a floodgate and a bridge. Requests and construction forms were duly signed.

Now, traps in the lower cavern have been set and mechanisms installed. Lets see what surprises it will bring us

(come, goblins, and see serrated metal gut you)
(the problem is that now different goblin parts are cluttering my refuse pile. I hate their guts)
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 03:23:54 am »

Finally a caravan made it through 3 almost continuous goblin sieges, so i can dump all that fur, leather and other clothing. Too bad its an elf caravan

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 10:53:15 am »

When will you start offering dwarfings? I'm in, if you start it :D

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:08 pm »

early spring suits you? name your price

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 12:55:08 pm »

Professional cannon-fodder. Axedorf.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 01:12:20 pm »

there are two for the offering at 14 skill level (and 20s, use of danger room), what do you offer, couple of nukes?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 03:02:52 pm »

I'd prefer starting from scratch. Maybe some prior woodcutter experience. Or somesuch.

I offer these high quality goblin giblets.
*Shows high quality goblin giblets*

Pages: 1 [2]