Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves personalizing their rooms  (Read 797 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Dwarves personalizing their rooms
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:36:58 am »

The idea is quite straightforward. As it stands now, you can make bedrooms and dining rooms etc by first placing the necesarry building there (Ie, bed/tabble/chair). Thats all good. But the problem appears when you have to place those 999 statues all over the place. Oh whats that, you also need to place chests and cabninets too? Thats a lot of work if you have a fortress of over 200 dwarves.

What I proppose can fix this: When designating a room, you can also make the room (C)ostomizable. This means that if it is claimed by a dwarf, then he can place other objects in there too(Such as chests, statues, cabinets, paintings, wardrobes). This might get intertwined with economy later on and there should probably be some sort of list of things available where you could manage the whole process of letting your dwarves decorate their rooms. The whole idea is that the dwarf now has a personal space that is strictly HIS. What do you think?

Ok ok. Nevermind. Apparently theres another thread about this already. Never,mind.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:56:50 am by antymattar »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves personalizing their rooms
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:13:36 am »

Great idea, grinding is not !!fun!!.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:11:16 pm »

Ok ok. Nevermind. Apparently theres another thread about this already. Never,mind.
Making progress, aren't you? You might as well link to it while you are coming back to here from there :)
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:55:08 pm »

Making progress, aren't you? You might as well link to it while you are coming back to here from there :)
Come back? I dont come back. I feel from a distance.