Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven !!SCIENCE!! Research Facility Leasing Request: Embark site help?  (Read 526 times)

h45hc0d3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been trying to generate a world where I can select an embark site that looks something like this:

~~~~~
~XXX~
XX^X~
~XXX~
~~~~~

~ = ocean
X = forest
^ = volcano

Ideally, the ocean would be high savagery and additionally either good or evil; the site would have a land bridge allowing goblins/elves/humans to show up, instead of just the dwarves who are apparently the only race to have built ships so far; And the forest might be good or evil aligned as well, for added fun. Sand or fire clay would both be added bonuses - I've grown to like stoneware pots and bricks quite a bit, and easy access to magmasafe pipes and screws would be beneficial to my long-term research plans too.

I've come close, but the embark size required for the site I currently have is approximately 9 by 9 with a 3-tile-wide neck connecting it to the rest of the island, with no hope of access to goblinite. I think I'm having trouble with erosion: I simultaneously need high erosion to create the "neck" along the ocean with low enough erosion that it doesn't fill the ocean in. Any advice would be helpful and if anyone wants to see more of the site I've generated I can arrange that.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Dwarven !!SCIENCE!! Research Facility Leasing Request: Embark site help?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:42:54 pm »

Anyone with sufficient PerfectWorldDF map generation/production skill up for the challenge?