Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What did you feast on today (Thanksgiving Meal Thread)  (Read 2023 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: What did you feast on today (Thanksgiving Meal Thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 07:42:16 pm »

Lots of turkey and pie like always. We have maybe a little less than one turkeys worth of meat left in the fridge and maybe a bowl of potato salad left. And some bread rolls. Dunno why we keep buying them when no one really eats them.

And I don't think it's fair to do the whole pilgrims and indians bull now since really, holidays evolve. I don't consider thanksgiving to be about that or... Hell even to give thanks.

We just eat lots of good food since places overstock on turkey and all sorts of other things making it cheap. Hehe.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 07:46:57 pm »

Heh. Normally I'd be in here talking about what the fam made, but this was the first Thanksgiving I've not spent with family. So I had up....Chef Boardee Ravoli and some Hot Dogs :P But I was thankful for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 07:51:10 pm »

Standard fare; turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, and rolls.

We don't get too excited around here, though. Something about them pilgrim folks murdering all the natives and stealing their land.
I don't want to sound racist or anything, but any other civilization would have done the same damn thing.
Well, don't some Inuit tribes eat solely meat? I don't think cranberries are really their thing, or if they even celebrate Thanksgiving.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 08:29:09 pm »

I don't want to sound racist or anything, but any other civilazation would have done the same damn thing.
This is the best justification for everything.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 08:34:45 pm »

Not so much a justification, so much as "we're not unique." That doesn't make it any less heinous, just means one isn't solely to blame.

I suppose you could call it a shifting blame tactic.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 10:09:56 pm »

Not so much a justification, so much as "we're not unique." That doesn't make it any less heinous, just means one isn't solely to blame.

I suppose you could call it a shifting blame tactic.
That's exactly what I meant. Both sides could have handled things better.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2011, 07:22:49 am »

A brined, dry-rubbed turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, bourbon mashed sweet potatoes (YUM), rolls, and packing (it's apparently the upstate New York version of stuffing -- a bit thicker and moister, and you eat it as a side in its own right. It's also awesome cut into slabs and lightly pan-fried.) We also had butternut squash and cranberry relish, but that shit is nasty IMHO. I actually didn't gorge myself this year, which is a welcome change. We always eat with my wife's family (especially now that mine is mostly deceased) because her father is a trained chef. It's great food, but a still a bit of culture shock. Growing up, we rarely did turkey for Thanksgiving. Most years it was ham or barbecue.

oh, and for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving, we had a family tradition of pancakes and turkey gravy, with fried packing. It's better than it sounds.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]