Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worst uses for Candy(Spoilers)  (Read 3120 times)

Random_Physics_Nerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Worst uses for Candy(Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:17 am »

I'd say warhammers are up there on the list of stupid things to make out of candy.

If only dwarves would make them out of lead without needing to go into a fey mood first...
Take two magma and call me in the morning.
I was thinking about pumping magma up his legs and having a floodgate in his crotch. What could be more dorfy than pissing magma upon your enemies?

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 04:03:34 am »

Eh, a candy warhammer actually has use in giving it to your guardsmen so they don't kill any dwarves while doling out "justice".  My vote is for clothing, or letting your medics use it as suture thread.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 04:16:56 am »

Letting your medics use it as suture thread.

Best use ever.
ADAMANTINE SCARS!!!!!

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 09:07:42 am »

Best use ever.
ADAMANTINE SCARS!!!!!

It is no laughing matter!

I had outbreaks of the rot while mining candy in my latest fort. I had to micromanage every single thread because the hospital needed them BADLY and would steal thread and sew it into patients .. they didn't care how many robes or clokes I lost!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 10:55:42 am »

Best use ever.
ADAMANTINE SCARS!!!!!

I had outbreaks of the rot while mining candy in my latest fort. I had to micromanage every single thread because the hospital needed them BADLY and would steal thread and sew it into patients .. they didn't care how many robes or clokes I lost!

It's funny 'cos since FB's and Titans can have syndromes that pretty much scar every part of a Dwarf's body, and leave them more scar than dwarf, you can have your medical dwarves create bionic dwarves which are more adamantine then dwarf :D

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 06:02:03 pm »

Best use ever.
ADAMANTINE SCARS!!!!!

It's funny 'cos since FB's and Titans can have syndromes that pretty much scar every part of a Dwarf's body, and leave them more scar than dwarf, you can have your medical dwarves create bionic dwarves which are more adamantine then dwarf :D
Seriously awesome. Those would have to, as a necessity, be capable of superdwarven feats of strength.  :D

In the first fort where I found the sweet candy, I hadn't looked it up on the wiki, and I hadn't joined the forums, so I had no real idea of the military value of what I'd just unintentionally discovered. I used some of it to make toys to sell to the dwarven caravan, and for walls and doors (since I thought it would make them "stronger", bahaha). I thought there was a ton of it - I didn't realize just how rare and hard-to-get it was (or dangerous, especially) til I started to channel all of it out. You can guess what happened then, and what I was totally unprepared for.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:03:41 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 06:05:24 pm »

You discovered the magical soap land that is totally not full of horrific lovecraftian beings?

[I have just killed a million newbs]

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 09:23:29 am »

I sort of just kept it locked away once.

The worst thing is probably to mod the game to use it as fuel for the forges, though.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:32:34 am »

Hmmmm.... But forging adamantine swords using adamantine wafers as fuel seems dwarfy.....
brb, trying something
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 12:46:06 pm »

If i get a fort that has ludicrious amounts of candy i will make 50 or so suits of armour (the whole deal, caps, under layers of metal cloth too) and enough weapons to outfit said military if i theoretically use all of that armour. After that...well. I get bored/stupid and waste it. barrels, decroations using strategic stockpiles, mugs...barrels...coins and studs. Theres no only far you can go before you just want to see how much fort value you can generate.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:54 pm »

Next time I find a good vein, I'm planning to pave the roads with it. Then, I'll coat all the nobles' rooms with it. Candy furniture too, of course.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:08 pm »

Or place the nobles' rooms directly in the vein!
Pages: 1 [2]