Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The UberCorp Off-World Mining Division welcomes you to Jupiter!  (Read 3633 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: The UberCorp Off-World Mining Division welcomes you to Jupiter!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 06:23:29 am »

Bang Randomly on panels.
Since nobody has said if they're letting you or not...

You approach the (Roll: 6) Teleoperations Console and attempt to randomly slap some buttons.

(Roll: 1) You again fail to figure out button technology, and instead end up flipping a lever which causes the mining platform to engage at 500% power. The platform digs directly down into the 'planet's core and erupts in a titanic explosion.

>Supervise.

"Hmm, maybe you should be just a tad bit more careful next time? It isn't a race, after all; I'm pretty sure it's safer to take it slow."
You attempt to supervise the operations of the other miners. (Roll: 5) You succeed and end up granting a +2 to the next round of mining rolls.

"Bah, Time is money!" I say to Anthony.

I quickly move over to the lifter and move the ore into the grinder.
You climb into the training lifter and start it up, attempting to load the ore into the smelter pit. (Roll: 3)

You think you kind of understand how to work this thing. These knobs move the arms and those pedals move the legs. You can probably pick up the ore and dump it in the pit.

Huh... well you got half the ore in the pit. The other half fell out of the bucket before you got there,

(Roll: 2) It nearly crushes Steve, and destroys the sensor console. Oops?

From the smelter pit, a variety of simulated 'smelting' sounds happen and then another platform rises with some tranium ingots on it. An empty cargo platform rises from the shipping pit.

Locate more ore and see if there is anyway of claiming the resulting ore and the resulting money as mine. Can it somehow be marked?
The console is currently buried under some ore and also it is crushed. You nearly died. You didn't see any way to mark the ore or ingots as belonging to anyone specific, but from what the computer lady said you 'get paid' when the ingots go out for shipping.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 07:31:52 am »

"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!"

Ship the ingots and get out!

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 07:36:27 am »

"Er.. the exploding planet distracted me okay?"

I attempt to blame Jeremy for everything. And help Trev to ship the ingots.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 10:35:48 am »

Run away screaming!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 11:57:45 am »

Waitlist plox.
Pages: 1 2 [3]