Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What was that one game...?  (Read 2452 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What was that one game...?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »

I'm racking my brain over this one, and the most I can come up with is that one of the characters I think used either a bow or a crossbow, and had kind of a green dress or outfit. That's kind of tentative though, it could just be a product of my imagination.

Man, this just bothers the hell out of me that I can't remember this. It was such a weird game.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »

I'm racking my brain over this one, and the most I can come up with is that one of the characters I think used either a bow or a crossbow, and had kind of a green dress or outfit. That's kind of tentative though, it could just be a product of my imagination.

Man, this just bothers the hell out of me that I can't remember this. It was such a weird game.

Console would be nice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 10:42:08 pm »

Console would be nice.
On what platform was this game?
Was it ASCII? How old would you guess the game was?

Definitely either PS1 or PS2, around that era, I can't remember which.

Yeah, I'm very certain that it was either PS1 or 2, those are two systems I put alot of time into.

I also had an N64, but seeing as there were hardly any RPG's whatsoever on that system, I don't think I made the mistake of playing the game on it and then believing that I'd played it on the Playstation years later.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »

Dunno about the game, but there is a thread, it was right there on page 1 :P.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=37043.0
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 10:48:34 pm »

and there are no sprites?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »

and there are no sprites?

Very certain, I remember distinctly that the battle victory fanfare had the camera circle around the protagonists as they did a pose or something, before returning to the normal walking around map.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 11:15:01 pm »

Sounds like Betrayal at Krondor for DOS, based on some details.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:12 am »

I guess I might just never find it, unless I personally dig through screenshots of every single RPG of that era.

This is just like how I'll never find the name of that one children's movie I watched a decade or so ago, about some mythical hellscape, containing a world devouring evil, all of which was locked in a vault or something.

This stuff really bothers me, I hate not being able to remember these obscure things from my past.

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:42 pm »

I think I know what it might be.  But I can't think of the name...

Would you by any chance remember if the weapons you had might have like gained stats, or if you found buildings in these dungeons?  (Which you could then place in the town)  [Hench why it was so sparce at the start.]

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 04:52:16 pm »

I think I know what it might be.  But I can't think of the name...

Would you by any chance remember if the weapons you had might have like gained stats, or if you found buildings in these dungeons?  (Which you could then place in the town)  [Hench why it was so sparce at the start.]

Actually, I'm not sure. I was young at the time, and so it might not have occurred to me to do something like that.

I hope you're not thinking of Dark Cloud though, I know for a fact that that's not it.
Pages: 1 [2]