Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coop Games  (Read 1281 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Games
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:20 pm »

RPGs hmm not much in mind, Titan Quest or Dungeon Siege Maybe? Good Graphics and they are hack and slash so the interface its not as heavy as in NWN.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 03:14:08 am »

From my experiences playing with 1-3 other people:

Diablo 2 is always good for a co-op playthrough. There's even a storyline, although I can't comment much on it, as we skipped most of it, cause it was expositioned through NPC monologues in town.

Dawn of War 1 with the Firestorm over Kronus mod was fun to play against the harder AIs in skirmishes for a while. Sometimes even the AI won, although usually when they played Eldar, as those were really overpowered in FoK.

SWAT4 was fun to play and had a few funny situations, although it was also pretty hard (in a good way) and required patience.

LOTR: Conquest was pretty mediocre in itself, but it generated quite a few funny situations, mostly related to how the Witch King, Elrond, Gandalf and Sauron died in them.

Resident Evil 5 is pretty good for co-op. Had one or two laughs, but mostly it was alright to play. Worst part was the cutscene QTEs where both players had to press the right button, else they failed and had to try again.

And while I understand you don't want to touch NWN2 due to the interface (normally I wouldn't want to touch it due to D&D), we found the game hillarious due to the writing. Normally it was pretty bad in itself, but in co-op it got even worse with situations where the game expected the player character to be alone, yet there behind him was always the co-op player, standing around looking disinterested with everything.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 03:29:39 am »

Playing Warhammer40k: Dawn of War 2's campaign in co-op is quite a bit of fun. I do recommend playing it on hard at your first attempt, as it becomes a lot easier if you only have to manage 2 squads instead of 4.
The Last Stand, an rpg'ish survival mode is also tons of fun in this game :)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 03:42:12 am »

A fairly new one, but amazing nonetheless (if you're into the genre). Lord of the Rings: War in the North is an amazingly fun co-op game. Even singleplayer is great, but co-op with a close friend is so good if you both like that sort of game.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 03:57:42 am »

Civ5
Try Civ4, in my opinion it's a lot better. The mods for 5 seem pretty bad and sparse as well, but that was just by looking at the titles and descriptions, not actually playing any of them.
Pages: 1 [2]