Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noob Question  (Read 663 times)

murlocdummy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noob Question
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:40:01 pm »

I just started playing this game, and I've gotten attacked by a sasquatch.  How long am I going to have to battle this thing?  My guys have already started getting hungry and thirsty, and the battle's raged on for more than a month.  Am I just going to have to forfeit the fort to this thing and start my entire game over?

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noob Question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:43:09 pm »

how may people do you have fighting it?  You can probably have 2 preoccupied with it while the other 5 work on farming/digging/brewing

murlocdummy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:52:54 pm »

I just killed it.  It took until Spring.  I filled a whole squadron full of guys.  Now they're healing up and eating/drinking.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 05:53:07 pm »

Even if things do turn to hell, try to avoid abandoning fort's because they are failing. Let the burn of failure scar your mind, and learn from your mistakes.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 05:57:03 pm »

Even if things do turn to hell, try to avoid abandoning fort's because they are failing. Let the burn of failure scar your mind, and learn from your mistakes.

Not a fort fail:  the game crashed, and I lost every single bit of progress that I had made.

Still, good advice.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 06:01:11 pm »

Not a fort fail:  the game crashed, and I lost every single bit of progress that I had made.

Still, good advice.

Really? I thought he said his problems were being caused by a sasquatch? Unless sasquatch is some new slang word for a game crash...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 06:08:18 pm »

Nyx seems to be getting his threads mixed up.  He's got a thread talking about crashes right now~