Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haunting issues  (Read 399 times)

Haunting issues
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:18:59 pm »

a dwarf i had in the first embark came back as a ghost, after searching with the game paused for 10 minutes, i could find any corpses for him. i decided to go to the crafts shop and engrave a slab and etc for him, when theres no name for him. i only had about 13 dwarves on the list (i reclaimed a fortress that i let sit afk, and they all died quickly). so how do i remove the dwarve ghost from my fortress? i only ask now because he apparently became upset and ripped off the hand of my head craftsdwarf who share his first name.(leaving me with no trade good makers D:)
Caravan in depot = Broker is on break/sleeping/eating/drink.
Caravan leaves =  Broker has no job.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Haunting issues
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:20:57 pm »

If he is a caravan dwarf then you are just out of luck due to a bug removing the ability to engrave slabs for them. I believe there is something in either Runesmith or DFHack that can kill ghosts, you might want to look into that.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:22:12 pm »

alright thanks.
Caravan in depot = Broker is on break/sleeping/eating/drink.
Caravan leaves =  Broker has no job.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 02:38:58 am »

If you leave dead corpses at a fortress and abandon it without memorialising them in some way, then reclaim, they may return as ghosts that you cannot get rid of, as they are not considered part of the fortress that you are currently building. Had to give up a wonderful river canyon site for this reason, too many dwarves falling into the river.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."