Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Station order being screwy  (Read 534 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Station order being screwy
« on: November 05, 2011, 12:01:43 am »

Alright, I searched for this but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Basically, whenever I station my axedwarves or kill order something, I only get 2-3 out of each of the 2 squads of 10.  I can't figure out why.

In the past when this happened, it was because I botched their uniform and they had a partial marksdwarf uniform with their axedwarf uniform.  I fixed that.  Back then I'd see equipment pickup failure spam and/or Soldier (cannot follow orders) on the units screen.

Now though, I see a couple have Pickup Equipment orders that never go away, and the rest of them say they are on station orders, although they're just standing around in the weapon stockpile and not where I told them to go.

Any ideas?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Re: Station order being screwy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:15:20 am »

It sounds like they're also having equipment issues. Maybe trying to fit those low boots underneath their pig-tail shoes, or swapping around right gauntlets. Try stripping their uniform and having them try again, and make sure their uniform replaces their clothes.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:57:52 am »

I usually cancel their orders, let it run for a bit, re-issue the order, let it run for a bit, then do that a couple of times usually fixes dwarves stuck on pickup equipment.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:25:35 am »

It sounds like they're also having equipment issues. Maybe trying to fit those low boots underneath their pig-tail shoes, or swapping around right gauntlets. Try stripping their uniform and having them try again, and make sure their uniform replaces their clothes.

Replacing clothes seems to help actually, thanks.  I'm guessing it was related to socks or some other silliness.

I seem to recall having read that this gives bad thoughts though (presumably because wearing armor without padding is uncomfortable?), but I've never tried it.  Anyone care to confirm or dismiss that little myth?

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 10:33:50 am »

I seem to recall having read that this gives bad thoughts though (presumably because wearing armor without padding is uncomfortable?), but I've never tried it.  Anyone care to confirm or dismiss that little myth?

My soldiers have been wearing only steel for years now (uniform is set to replace clothing and it doesn't including anything that isn't made of metal) and I've seen no complaints.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 12:10:48 pm »

Good to know, thank you.  Misinformation about this game is almost as common as real information.